Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The Marginalized Minority

I am not good in history, I am so and so in my numbers but as a "rakyat", I know about my country and the people, the culture, the do and the don't s, races and their believe, food and so on.

I wanted to speak about my race so called Indian which I never agreed to be called as so. I have wrote in my previous blog that the word Indian is for those who came from India.

My father was from India and not me. I am a Malaysian and I speak Tamil. So I am a Malaysian Tamil. I am not an Indian.

Same goes to all ethnic in Malaysia. A Malay called Malay because he speaks Malay. A minang, Jawanise or a Bugis called by the dialect the speak. A Hakka, Cantonese, Kung fu in called base on the dialect the speaks.

This goes to Sabahan as well. When come to race they will be identified by Murut, Bajau, Dusun, Kadazan and so on. This identification is base on the language the speaks so called mother tongue.

But in Malaysia, some how the Tamil is call Indian as they were from India, the Chinese called Chinese because they are from China.

The Malays called Malays for some reason which was mention in the History of King Cholan or "Raja Raja Cholan" but in Malaysia he was known as Raja Chulan.

He is the King who landed and conquered Lembah Bujang), where by the ethnic people from the mountain area of Mt Jerai who come down to Lembah Bujang town to sell their product is called "malayuran" in Tamil mean people from the high hill.

It was believed that the name Malays has originated from here other wise I would welcome if anyone who have any other historical reason behind it.

But in majority of people in Malaysia come from various country who move or migrated because of geographic reason, religion, business, were brought by colonialism or many other reason of their own.

In the recent days I have seen documents, photos of the ministers include PM Najib's whereby their origin was from Indonesia and some proudly claim their root is from here and there.

This shows the migration of mankind and exploration of mankind have brought the world as one.

Its all started when the Dravidian and Aryan movement and migrations through out the globe. Till today mankind explore and migrates to find a new land to survive, but it doesn't mean they could claim the land that they landed is theirs. I think I don't have to elaborate any further because you can see and judge yourself of this old history of the land owners.

Anyway,

Finding the land, own the land, and master the land is part of human way of thinking and human way doing thinks. I wonder do we really own anything in this world??

Thought of the day....

lvbala

All comments are good comments. There are no bad comments or good comments. So everyone have the right to comment. How about you?

No comments:

Now Everyone Can't Fly - JOE SAMAD

When I read this column, it does hit my head and the story can be related to my experience traveling to East Malaysia for work purpose back ...