Saturday, July 11, 2009

I am not An Indian

I am not an Indian. I was not an Indian because I was born in this land. My father was from India. So, he is an Indian and not me. How I can be an Indian when I was born in this country? I am a Malaysian. When come to race, than I consider myself as a Tamil. So, in overall, I am a Malaysian Tamil.

No one should be calling a Tamil (Indian) who born in Malaysian as an Indian. Only those from or who was born in India should be addressed as an Indian. Yes again, my late father can be an Indian but I am proud to be a Malaysian. I am proud to call this land as my mother land, indeed it was my motherland. “Tanah Tumpahnya darahku…..”

When come to race base policy, no one who was born in Malaysia should be address as an Indian. Yes, even a Malaysian born Chinese shouldn’t be address as a Chinese cause he is not from China. So, why Malaysian born Chinese should be called as Chinese?

Maybe Chinese’s fore fathers was from China but the generation who was born in Malaysia should be address as Malaysian Chinese, Malaysian Hakka or a Malaysian Cantonese base on their language spoken.

When we are talking about being One Malaysia and One Malaysian, why Malaysians are talking about differences between one another, base on race? Race base policy and politic?

I am a Hindu; I am a Hindu who practice the teaching of Veda and a Hindu who is related with Bhagavad-Gita and Ramayana. Every Hindus should be proud of the teaching. To be more specific, Hindu as the oldest religion was the father of all religion and shouldn’t be outline but to be cast as a guideline.

If anyone wanted to know what is the greatest religion is all about, than he or she should be into it. You don’t have to convert to know the religion. I never heard anyone can be converted to become an HINDU. It is in ones heart that determined him or her as an Hindu. Not by converting.

Hindu is a liberal religion. No enforcement to correct you to be a Hindu. No identity to be hold to become a Hindu. No category to become a Hindu. It was a religion that harmony with the nature. No qualification needed to be a Hindu. You simply have to believe in it. By believing you can be a Hindu. Not by converting.

I am considered myself as lucky because I am free to convert and free to practice my religion. I felt I am doubled luckier too, because I am not controlled by the Federal Constitution that I must practise certain religion base on my race. Unlike certain quarter people in Malaysia must be muslim when they are born as a Malay.

The question is how one determine his race as Malay? Can anyone share with me my doubt?

Hindu is a religion that enhance with nature’s aura and harmony with the force of the universe. No killing of another soul. To be a Hindu is to be a vegetarian. Understand this shall be the basic in Hinduism. No killing of another soul.

Talking about the “GITA” as known as the song of GOD, teaches us the pure science of the evolution and remind us that we a part of it. We are part of nature that evolved with it.

“Why do you worry without cause? Whom do you fear without reason? Who can kill you? The soul is neither born, nor does it die. Whatever happened, happened for the good; whatever is happening, is happening for the good; whatever will happen, will also happen for the good only” Lord Krishna

“What did you produce, which you think got destroyed? You did not bring anything, whatever you have, you received from here. Whatever you have given, you have given only here. Whatever you took, you took from God. Whatever you gave, you gave to Him. You came empty handed, you will leave empty handed” Lord Krishna

Talking about “RAMAYANA”, teaches us how to live as a human with dignity and honor. At the same time Ramayana teach us to put GOD above all, above everything beyond.

I am not talking about the greatness in Hinduism, but if anyone wanted to comment about Hinduism, please learn or read about it in a first place. Don’t simply talk what you think is right and comment base on comparison.

I am not preaching, but simply requesting to all Malaysian to be more sensitive about others as well. If we are talking about others religion, make sure we know what we are talking about.

By,
lvbala

P/S,

Surprising announcement from PM today for his 100th day in office. This is one of the reasons why we are hoping for by election, if possible every month.

The 11 measures are:
1) From Sept 1, motorists who use tolls 80 times or more in one month will enjoy a 20-percent discount.

2) Tenants in the Federal Territory will be given the opportunity to buy their own houses from the 44,000 units offered by the government.

3) Small traders and vendors in the Federal Territory will be given a 50-percent discount for their licence renewal fees. Meanwhile, the government will also allocate RM150 million to Tabung Ekonomi Kumpulan Usaha Niaga (Tekun) and RM15 million to Indian young entrepreneurs.

4) The government will add more taxi permits. As of now, 70,000 individual taxi permits have been offered and 3,000 more permits will be approved in the next three months.

5) The government will take some drastic measures to fight crime and corruption, the details of which will be revealed at the end of this month.

6) The government is also in the midst of overcoming the birth certificates issue in Sabah and Sarawak. Since 2005, Sabah has 36,000 applications and 92 percent of which have been approved. At the same time, Sarawak has 19,000 applications and 80 percent of which have also been approved. The rest will be resolved in the near future.

7) As of June 2009, the government has also resolved 46 percent of 34,000 delayed citizenship applications. The rest of it will be settled at the end of the year.

8) The government will build more roads in Sabah and Sarawak - from 750km to 1,500km - and this will be addressed in the 10th Malaysian Plan.

9) Water and electric supply in Sabah and Sarawak will also be improved, the details of which will be revealed at the end of the month.


10) Driving license fees for motorcyclists will be reduced from the existing RM500-RM700 to RM211.

11) 20,000 family members of hardcore poverty in urban area will be given 10,000 houses under the trust fund, Skim Amanah Saham Wawasan. In addition to this scheme, a new '1Malaysia' trust fund will be set up and is open to Malaysians aged 18 years and above.

Cheers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hidup lvbala...hinduism is science...

Now Everyone Can't Fly - JOE SAMAD

When I read this column, it does hit my head and the story can be related to my experience traveling to East Malaysia for work purpose back ...