Friday, May 22, 2009

Teach young children to respect all races ~ Star / 22-05-09

What a co-incidence, I posted my article on the 20th May about how Malaysian should respect one another and be Malaysian of the whole. When I read below article in star online on 22/5/2009 it was shocking to me.

Read through and lets be more Malaysian. Parent should play important part on educating their children about Malaysia and how to be Malaysian. Again, this is not the childrens fault. The adult need to be matured. This is the key factor to be Malaysian for Malaysians.


by,

lvbala

I AM a Muslim mother of non-Malay origin. My daughter is seven years old and she attends a national school.


On a few occasions recently, she came home crying because she was constantly teased and harrassed by her classmates who are all Muslims of Malay origin.


They relentlessly call her a non-Muslim just because she is of a different race and thus has a non-Malay look. This, I believe, is due to the fact that there are still some parents and religious teachers out there who have failed to disseminate to their children and pupils the fact that Islam is indeed a way of life and is definitely a non-race-based religion.


Ironically, there is no mention of this important aspect of Islam if one is to browse through the Year One text book ‘Pengetahuan Agama Islam, Jilid 1 and II’ .


The importance of Islam as a non race-based religion must be emphasized to the young ones, more so in our country where there are Muslims of different racial origins.


This will enable the creation of a Malaysian Muslim population who are able to get along and respect each other irrespective of race.


JBAK,Batu Caves, Selangor.

No comments:

Now Everyone Can't Fly - JOE SAMAD

When I read this column, it does hit my head and the story can be related to my experience traveling to East Malaysia for work purpose back ...