Friday, March 26, 2010

By-Election ~ Hulu Selangor.

azlanHulu Selangor member of parliament Dr Zainal Abidin Ahmad, 71, passed away due to brain cancer at 9.30pm on 24th March.

His dead lead to another by election within 60days in the constitution

Hulu Selangor is a semi-urban mixed seat of 63,539 voters of whom 53.9 percent are Malay, Chinese (26.7 percent) and Indians (19 precent).
  
Dr. Zainal Abidin won the Hulu Selangor seat which was held by MIC candidate G.Palanivel with the majority vote of 193 in 2008 general election.

It will be another puzzle whether the Hulu Selangor seat will be given to MIC or shall be replace by UMNO or MCA candidates.

Hulu Selangor is my constitution and I knew and I am well verse of about the performance of the candidate. 

The greatest puzzle will be, if G Palanivel win (If he contested) Dr S Subramaniam will loose his place in the cabinet. Looks like someone is going to pray hard not to loose his cabinet ministry post.

by,
lvbala




Now Everyone Can't Fly - JOE SAMAD

When I read this column, it does hit my head and the story can be related to my experience traveling to East Malaysia for work purpose back ...