Saturday, December 27, 2008

PUBLIC TRANSPORT ~ “What a wonderful world”

“What a wonderful world”
Many of us will know immediately when the above words are said. It is from a man who really understood the beauty of this world or shall I say he understood the beauty of this life itself.

“What a wonderful life”
This shall be my quote replacing the quote said by Nat King Cole the man of the blues. The both meaning doesn’t make any different as it is actually the same as how life goes for one in this world, thats how you see the world itself. If you are happy than you see the life will be so colorful and joyful but if you are in a deep shit than you will never wanted the morning to be rise by the sun.

So is it the wonderful world of wonderful life? How the wonderful world going to be if you are not having a wonderful life? The life determined the wonderful world. Let’s look at my point of view on how it is meant by beautiful life.

For about 30 days, I have been going through a new experience. It is the most interesting moment in my life as I face each day with all type of human being, different race, man and woman from different ages, different smell, the tall and the short, the black and the white, different races, different sizes, the bold and the beauty, the beauty and the beast and each one of them has their own uniqueness. Beleive me , I saw a huge woman who need double chairs in komuter, a man who looks exactly like a gold fish, a blind guy who was left alone with his life and there are human who helps this blind human too. Getting stuck in the full pack of train with some beautiful girls does give you fun sometimes. How often you get so close to someone so sexy and get to smell their perfume? Sometimes you see how bad a woman looks when she is sleeping with her mouth open. Human have their own world and they think they are the best in it. Do we? Am I?
I was given this opportunity by nature as I was using public transport to work place. May be this will be my good compliment to the existing public transport owner, I mean the KTM electric train and the LRT. To be honest I felt so amazed by the service given by both of this company. The LRT service is so efficient and wonderful. It is really exciting to use LRT as it is so practical and never failed me so far. You just have to wait for less than 10 minutes and the next train is there for you. The KTM service is good enough but need some efficiency in timing and maybe more train should be on the track and reduce the waiting time. We have double track and I think this can be done. But so far both services never failed me. Believe me and you should try it?

Just imagine, I can be in my office in less than one and a half hour from Rawang to Maluri. Definitely I can’t make it with my own car indeed and even the cost is so much cheaper compare to my own car with new petrol pricing. Hope the government will seriously look into this and I believe one day all of us can depend on the public transport. Why not if it is efficient enough with the timing?

Talking about the bus service, ahhhhh…. F**kin' lousy, specially the Rapid KL. The time management is so poor and I did notice the “tak apa” attitude is so tick in the drivers mind. They are with the look and the uniform but not public services oriented. They talk to you by judging your clothing and appearance. I did notice this many times. If you look good and educated than they will answer you politely and if you are not than they just simply ignore you, some of them do behave rude too. If you are looking for heart attack than you should try their service. This was so different compare to certain countries in Asia. I remember when I was attending training in Nagoya Japan in 2001. You can really rely on public transport for your whole life. It was so efficient and perfect in timing. Even the long distance travel will be on time. Once I did travel for about 400kms from Nagoya to INA by bus, and the timing was so perfect even the driver stopped in every bus stop even there is not passengers waiting. Can you imagine how KL will be when there are less cars and everyone is depending on the public transport. It can be done, if everyone believe in it. Trust me on this.

By being with public is how I discover how “Malaysia” is changing. It is changing, and the changes are good for Malaysia. But I do feel bad about the “Malaysian” changes. For the past 30 days, I did notice how people are attached to their own mind and the technology. Almost everyone have their cell phone with them and do the foreigners too. But in another word, everyone have something in their mind. Some of them shall be sms’ing, some of them will be on the radio or mp3. Some even talking so loud and you can almost know what are they are talking about. This situation specially is on the Indian communities. They will talk so loud even with their next seat friend. You can almost know what actually the topic is and to whom they are talking with. Another changes in Malaysians are, they almost forgot about smiling. Really, almost everyone is so in their own mind and they forgot about smile and being smile. They don’t even smile back if you smile at them. Is this how we Malaysian have changed? And is this where we are heading? Its feel the same as you are in foreign land. Yes, with all the foreigners in the street you definitely feel you are in the foreign land. And it is multi cultural too. With all the Indonesians, Banglas, Nepalese, Vietnamese, China born Chinese and the Indians too. There are places you do feel unsafe too such as Chow Kit, Kota Raya, Puduraya and Lebuh Ampang. What are the authorities been doing? Can’t they notice all this? Can’t they do something about this? May be they are too busy looking into blowing someone with C4? What a wonderful life makes the wonderful world. Does Malaysia is in a process of changing from wonderful Malaysia to wandering Malaysia? Wandering what is wonderful? It is gone, and we are all lost the wondering the wonderful Malaysia.

While I was writing this article, I was reading the RPK’s latest article about Islamic hudud law practice and something did click me on this. I will be writing my next article base on some of his statement said about one GOD.

“What a wonderful life”… what a wonderful world...

By,
lvbala

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As long as they are in power, nothing can be improve. Talk only but no action

Now Everyone Can't Fly - JOE SAMAD

When I read this column, it does hit my head and the story can be related to my experience traveling to East Malaysia for work purpose back ...